Sweden and Switzerland are jointly announcing a bi-lateral Call for outlines for joint innovation projects under all suitable EUREKA instruments. The Switzerland-Sweden Call for R&D Project Outlines is open for all SWII topics*, but focuses on the development of products and services within Additive Manufacturing & Lightweight Technologies.
The call is managed by the EUREKA offices at the Swedish Governmental Agency for Innovation Systems (Vinnova) and the State Secretariat for Education, Research and Innovation (SERI) in line with the EUREKA initiative.
- The consortium includes at least two partners from two different countries and at least one R&D driven SME. Other partners such as large companies, research institutes and universities are welcome as additional participants.
- The project has an obvious advantage and added value resulting from the cooperation between the participants from the different countries (e.g. increased knowledge base, commercial leads, access to R&D infrastructure etc.).
- The project demonstrates the contribution of the participants from all countries involved in a balanced way, and the project is significant to all countries involved.
- Partners from other EUREKA countries may also participate. This requires funding from their respective home countries.
SUBMISSION AND APPROVAL PROCEDURES
In the first phase:
- Partners are encouraged to submit a short Project Outline.
- The completed project outlines of phase 1 should be submitted to the national EUREKA offices of the participating partners simultaneously (main contacts) by email with copy to all partners of the project outline. Submission is open between 1 September, 2018 and 30 November, 2018.
The outlines will be screened by the EUREKA offices in Belgium, Sweden and Switzerland and the partners will be provided with a detailed feedback as well as additional recommendations within the shortest possible delay after the submission (about 2 weeks).
In the second phase:
- Partners with approved outlines will be recommended to submit their full applications to the EUREKA instrument (Network/Eurostars/Cluster) that best suits their project.
- The national EUREKA offices in Sweden, Belgium and Switzerland will assist on how to submit full applications.
Funding support to successful project proposals of Phase 2 will be given to each partner by its own national funding organization in accordance with the national laws, rules, regulations and procedures in effect. Concrete funding mechanisms depend on the most suitable EUREKA instrument (Network/Eurostars/ Clusters) that will be decided on in Phase 1 of the submission process. See below for a first overview.
Information on the funding mechanisms is available on the following websites:
- Eureka (Network & cluster): https://www.sbfi.admin.ch/sbfi/en/home/topics/swiss-international-cooperation-in-research-and-innovation/research-and-innovation-cooperation-programmes-and-instruments/eureka.html
- Eurostars: https://www.sbfi.admin.ch/sbfi/en/home/topics/swiss-international-cooperation-in-research-and-innovation/research-and-innovation-cooperation-programmes-and-instruments/eurostars--support-for-smes.html
- Eurostars: https://www.vinnova.se/m/eureka/eurostars/
* SWII - Swiss-Swedish Innovation Initative